Thursday, May 7, 2015

About Me

My name is Shelby Tedrow. I just finished my junior year of college, and I am planning to get my certification in Special Education. This fall, I will be teacher assisting at Wyoming Intermediate Schools in a 5th and 6th grade self-contained classroom. A majority of my Special Education experience is with children younger than 4th grade, so I am very excited to work with a different age and gain valuable experience!

In my free time, I enjoy working out and running. I also love spending time with my family, friends, and my two dogs. Summer is my favorite time of the year and I enjoy going to the beach and spending time on the lake. This summer will be especially busy, as my sister is getting married. I am looking forward to moving home for the summer and enjoying lots of family time!

I don't have a lot of experience with planning and using technology in the classroom. I have worked with students with computers and iPads, but as for planning lesson plans specifically centered around technology, my experience is slim. Most of the experiences I have with using technology in the classroom came from the classroom teacher planning a lesson or assignment in which I just assisted the students with using the iPad or computer. I am looking forward to gaining more knowledge in this area.

This is a picture of my family and my dogs. They are the most important thing in my life. 

A majority of my Special Education experience has been in McFall Elementary. I have been volunteering in the self-contained classroom for about five years now. Below is a link to McFall Elementary's website. 


1 comment:

  1. Welcome. I admire those who choose to work with very challenging groups of students.

    ReplyDelete